Accounts Payable - Job Overview
Compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete. Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. May also check the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions recorded by other workers.
- Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store, and analyze information.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Code documents according to company procedures.
Detailed Work Activities
- Answer telephones to direct calls or provide information.
- Calculate costs of goods or services.
- Code data or other information.
- Compile data or documentation.
- Execute sales or other financial transactions.
- File documents or records.
- Operate computers or computerized equipment.
- Operate office equipment.
- Prepare documentation for contracts, transactions, or regulatory compliance.
- Reconcile records of sales or other financial transactions.
- Search files, databases or reference materials to obtain needed information.
- Verify accuracy of financial or transactional data.