Production Assistant - Job Overview
Coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within or between departments of an establishment according to production schedule. Duties include reviewing and distributing production, work, and shipment schedules; conferring with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates; and compiling reports on progress of work, inventory levels, costs, and production problems.
- Distribute production schedules or work orders to departments.
- Review documents, such as production schedules, work orders, or staffing tables, to determine personnel or materials requirements or material priorities.
- Requisition and maintain inventories of materials or supplies necessary to meet production demands.
- Arrange for delivery, assembly, or distribution of supplies or parts to expedite flow of materials and meet production schedules.
- Confer with department supervisors or other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
- Revise production schedules when required due to design changes, labor or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions, collaborating with management, marketing, sales, production, or engineering.
Detailed Work Activities:
- Compile data or documentation.
- Confer with coworkers to coordinate work activities.
- Coordinate operational activities.
- Examine documents to verify adherence to requirements.
- Inspect items for damage or defects.
- Maintain operational records.
- Order materials, supplies, or equipment.
- Prepare informational or reference materials.
- Provide information to coworkers.
- Read work orders to determine material or setup requirements.
- Record production information.
- Schedule operational activities.